- Train Fire department members to learn and develop conflict resolution skills.
- Connect Firefighters with Psychologists Specifically Trained on effective communication and deescalation techniques.
- Advance Research Regarding effective human relationships in the fire service.
Relationship and Family Health: Family dynamics in the fire service can pose unique challenges for firefighters, spouses, and their children. Long shifts, mandatory overtime, ambiguous loss, post traumatic stress outcomes are just some of the variables that fire families face.
- Empower firefighter families with the psychological skills needed to enhance relationships.
- Connect Firefighters with psychologists (and other mental health professionals) who can provide direct intervention services when therapy and other services are needed.
- Advance research regarding the unique dynamics of firefighter families and best practices to support these units.